CLS 2022 Alumni Ambassadors
Alumni Ambassadors are selected through a competitive process each fall. We look for alumni who have reflected on the successes and challenges of their experiences and want to share their excitement for language learning and the CLS Program with others.
Alumni Ambassadors engage with all CLS alumni and represent the program to various audiences, including prospective CLS participants, program finalists, university staff, and the general public. For example, Alumni Ambassadors frequently organize online or in-person essay-writing workshops leading up to the CLS application deadline, give classroom presentations and information sessions about the CLS Program at college study abroad fairs other events, and organize events for alumni in their communities, among other activities.
Typical activities of an Alumni Ambassador include:
- General CLS and/or county-specific presentations to applicants or advisors
- Participating in online forums
- Sharing their program experiences with prospective CLS scholars
- Responding to questions from future CLS participants as needed
- Speaking on panels at conferences and CLS Program events
The application for the 2023 Alumni Ambassador Program will be available to alumni of the 2022 program in fall of 2022.
If you would like to get in touch with one of the current CLS Alumni Ambassadors, email email@example.com and we will connect you!