Support for Participants
Connect Before You Leave
As a CLS recipient, there are several ways to connect online with other current program participants, as well as CLS alumni and staff.
- CLS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CLScholarship. You can join CLS Facebook language groups to connect with other participants and alumni of your language program.
- CLS Instagram: @CLScholarship.
- CLS Twitter: @CLSScholarship.
- CLS Website: www.clscholarship.org. The CLS website is a resource for participants and alumni. The FAQ page for participants can be found at http://www.clscholarship.org/information-for/participants.
- After your return, be sure to join the U.S. Department of State’s International Exchange Alumni community to access additional resources and networks: www.alumni.state.gov.
Alumni Support Network
One of the CLS Program’s most significant resources for assisting new participants is our deep pool of CLS Program alumni. Their diverse experiences on the CLS Program and the lessons they have learned are valuable tools that they can share with you. The Alumni Support Network exists to put you in contact directly with our alumni and includes our Alumni Resource Directory and Facebook pages.
Alumni Resource Directory
The Alumni Resource Directory is a list of alumni who have volunteered to speak with you about a variety of topics, both sensitive and routine. The password to the directory will be provided to finalists in the months prior to the start of the CLS program. Please take advantage of this resource – our alumni are looking forward to sharing their experiences and answering your questions about everything from staying mentally and physically healthy on the program to representing diverse perspectives and navigating identity in a new cultural setting. You’re encouraged to refer to the directory and reach out to the alumni listed in them with pre-program questions as well as throughout your time abroad.
If you have questions about accessing the Alumni Resource Directory, you can reach out to the CLS Alumni Engagement Officer at email@example.com.
CLS Arabic participants at Petra.