As the CLS alumni community grows to over 5,000 members in its 10th anniversary year, we want to remain a resource for your language-related endeavors. To this end, the CLS Program is pleased to invite program alumni from all years to apply for an Alumni Development Fund (ADF) Grant.
The ADF provides a limited number of small grants to CLS alumni to fund projects, events, and activities that provide resources or promote the study of critical languages and their corresponding world regions. Individual applicants may apply for grants up to $500; group applicants may be eligible for larger amounts based on the size and type of event.
Successful applications will emphasize how the project will have an impact beyond the individual applicant (e.g. students, CLS alumni, or a specific community). Examples of past successful awards include:
- International pen-pal exchange between the US and CLS country
- Language conversation table at local university with native speaker
- Guest lecture series on regional topics for student and alumni groups
- Conference registration for presentation of dissertation research
- Dialect tutoring for the creation of materials to be distributed to the public
Application deadline: September 16, 2016 @ 11:59pm EST
Activity start date: October 15, 2016
Activity completion date: March 31, 2017
Final report submission and unused funds return date: April 15, 2017
Questions about the Alumni Development Fund can be directed to American Councils at email@example.com