We are pleased to invite alumni of the 2022 CLS Program to submit photos to the 2022 photo contest! We welcome submissions from those who participated virtually as well as those who were abroad at their program sites this summer.
Submissions will be accepted through Monday, September 26, 2022 and each entry should fall into one of four categories:
- Mutual Understanding
- Photos and captions in this category should highlight the impact of study abroad and/or language study and the CLS Program in promoting and inspiring mutual understanding between cultures.
- A Moment of Reflection
- Photos and captions in this category should demonstrate individual reflection on the impact of the CLS program.
- Language Learning in Action
- Photos and captions in this category should showcase an impactful language-learning moment, either inside or outside of the classroom.
- Unforgettable Moment
- Photos and captions in this category should capture a unique and unforgettable moment from your time on the program.
Each photo should be accompanied by a thoughtful caption (no more than 150 words) that explains how the photo relates to the category. Alumni are welcome to submit multiple entries for each category.
Winning entries will be selected by staff of the CLS Program at American Councils for International Education and the U.S. Department of State. The selection process will take the captions into consideration in addition to the photos. Winning photos will be selected based on visual impact, content/composition, and technical quality. Photos must be high quality JPEGs and may not exceed 10MB in size.
Winning photos and their captions will be used in the 2023 CLS promotional calendar. In addition, any photo submitted may be used in other CLS promotional materials. Please read the entry form for details before submitting photos.
To submit a photo to the contest, click on the following link and follow the instructions: