As the CLS alumni community grows to over 6,800 members, we continue our work to remain a resource for your language-related endeavors. To this end, the CLS Program is pleased to invite program alumni from all years to apply for a 2020 Alumni Development Fund (ADF) grant.
The Alumni Development Fund (ADF) is designed to provide opportunities for alumni to continue their language learning, pursue career development goals, and participate in community outreach related to CLS languages and their corresponding world regions. Particular emphasis is placed on projects with an impact beyond the individual applicant or applicants, reaching students, CLS alumni, or others in their community.
Examples of past successful awards include:
- An international pen-pal exchange between the US and CLS country
- A guest lecture series on regional topics for student and alumni groups
- Conference registration for the presentation of relevant dissertation research
- Dialect tutoring for the creation of materials to be distributed to the public
- A language conversation table at local university with native speaker
- Application deadline: Friday, January 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm EST
- Activity start date: January 1, 2020
- Activity completion date: May 31, 2020
- Final report submission and unused funds return deadline: June 15, 2019, or two weeks after the end of project activities, whichever occurs first
Questions about the Alumni Development Fund can be directed to American Councils at email@example.com