The 2015 CLS Alumni Development Fund application is now available and we invite you all to apply. For the first time ever, the ADF is open to all CLS alumni. Former ADF recipients are welcome to apply, though preference will be given to alumni who have not received an ADF grant before.
The ADF provides a limited number of small grants to CLS alumni to fund a project/event/activity that provides resources or promotes the study of critical languages and/or their corresponding world regions in your school or community. Individual applicants may apply for grants up to $500; group applicants may be eligible for larger amounts based on the size and type of event.
Successful applications will emphasize how their project will impact others (e.g. students, CLS alumni, your community). In the past, we awarded grants that only directly benefited the ADF recipient, such as funding a personal language tutor. However, this year, we will look to see how the proposed ADF activity benefits not only you, but shares your ADF language and/or region to others. Examples of past successful awards include:
- International pen-pal exchange between the US and CLS country.
- Language conversation table at local university with native speaker.
- Guest lecture series on regional topics for student and alumni groups.
- Conference registration for presentation of dissertation research.
- Dialect tutoring for the creation of materials to be distributed to the public.
Application deadline: September 13, 2015 @ 11:59pm EST
Keep in mind that all activities funded by the ADF must occur between October 15, 2015 and February 15, 2016.
Find out more information about the Alumni Development Fund:
- Read the 2015 Alumni Development Fund FAQ document.
- Read Instructions for Applying to the 2015 Alumni Development Fund.
Interested candidates should submit an online application by following the following link: http://bit.ly/1JcJJRR
For questions and answers, please contact American Councils at firstname.lastname@example.org.