CLS Alumni Ambassadors are recent CLS participants who take leadership roles as active and positive representatives of the CLS Program.
CLS 2020 Alumni Ambassadors
Alumni Ambassadors are selected through a competitive process each year. Approximately 15-20 alumni from 2020 program will be selected to be CLS Alumni Ambassadors for 2021. We look for alumni who have reflected on the successes and challenges of their experience and want to share their excitement for language learning and the CLS Program with others.
Alumni Ambassadors engage with all CLS alumni and represent the program to various audiences, including prospective CLS participants, program finalists, university staff, and the general public. For example, Alumni Ambassadors frequently organize online or in-person essay-writing workshops leading up to the CLS application deadline, give classroom presentations and information sessions about the CLS Program at college study abroad fairs other events, and organize events for alumni in their communities, among other activities.
Typical activities of an Alumni Ambassador include:
- General CLS and/or county-specific presentations to applicants or advisors
- Participating in online forums
- Sharing their program experiences with prospective CLS scholars
- Responding to questions from future CLS participants as needed
- Speaking on panels at conferences and CLS Program events
Click here to view CLS Alumni Ambassador profiles.